Ralphy

Ralphy
CLICK ON PHOTO, THEN PREVIEW, AND THEN BOTTOM RIGHT TO ENLARGE...NOW SEE FOR FREE THE ENTIRE BOOK...enjoy

Sunday, November 7, 2010

GiGi...a little piece of Love

It isn't a coincidence GiGi is brought up in many a conversation at family gatherings.  Though she has been gone now for more than 20 years, my family memories of her are wonderful and loving.  GiGi truly was a remarkable individual and her life gave my family something special.  She was loyal and obedient and with her playful energy instilled the joy of her life with ours.  The saying about ...you don't know what you had until you lost it...holds so true to all of us as human beings.  It is a trait we all share...a trait I wish I knew how to get rid of.  I do try and appreciate what I have today and who I have as family and friends, but it is difficult...life is difficult.  In the 1970's I was away at college while GiGi stayed at home being as wonderful as she always was.  Too young to miss her...I wish I did.  Too young to appreciate what she brought to my life...I wish I did.  Even when I would be home, I didn't realize how old she was and how precariously near she was to the end of her life's story...I wish I did.   As I was looking at her photos of her last birthday, I welled up with tears of sadness for a long lost, but not forgotten friend.  I just wanted to reach out and hold her one last time to tell her how I loved her and how truly special she was.  Too sentimental...for a dog....?   Twenty, thirty years ago I would answer yes, but today I am grateful to be a bit smarter.  So sentimental?  No, not at all.  GiGi was special and made her mark in life.  She impacted my family with loving thoughts and memories and her life meant something.  GiGi will never be forgotten as long as I am breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment