Ralphy

Ralphy
CLICK ON PHOTO, THEN PREVIEW, AND THEN BOTTOM RIGHT TO ENLARGE...NOW SEE FOR FREE THE ENTIRE BOOK...enjoy

Saturday, August 13, 2011

...old guy

I was just getting back from lunch when I spotted this older gentleman hobbling to his car with his two canes.  He frequently comes to  the pharmacy  to visit me and talk about all sorts of topics.  I admit, there are times when I try to avoid him, because I get quite busy and it is difficult to just stop my work to talk.  Anyway, like I said, I spotted him and I decided to park my car far enough away so he wouldn't "catch me".  As I purposely walked a longer version of getting to the pharmacy, I could hear my name being called out.  It was ....well...it was him.  I walked over and stood in front of this very old guy and spoke with him for about 5 minutes.  He had been in the pharmacy while I was at lunch looking for me and here I was doing my best to avoid him.  He wasn't looking to talk to anyone...he was looking for me.  What an honor... for him to think of me as someone special enough to talk to.  If he only knew, and I am glad he didn't,  at my  poor behavior acting the way I did.  He just wanted to talk...to me.  Sometimes a beautiful flower stands in our sight and we choose to pass it by or ignore it.  This is not a good idea, because every person we meet in our lives is significant.  I am  sorry for being so "dumb".  Peace...............jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment