Ralphy

Ralphy
CLICK ON PHOTO, THEN PREVIEW, AND THEN BOTTOM RIGHT TO ENLARGE...NOW SEE FOR FREE THE ENTIRE BOOK...enjoy

Monday, September 19, 2011

...completing the mission


It doesn't take too much effort to find beauty in the flower above, but to discover beauty in that flower after it has come to its natural end might be difficult.  In fact most people define beauty as something new or youthful.  The sight of a young woman or man is pleasing to the eye, but to see them 60 years later...is not.  In order for humans to evolve on an emotional level, it would seem that we should take another look at the flower below and witness its own unique look as it proudly stands tall and alone against the elements.  It once was a glorious flower, colorful and full of life, and true to its mission in its short life it successfully did what a flower is supposed to do.  There is true beauty in completing the mission.  There was a time when I was young and maybe even pleasing to the eye, but my youth has escaped me and the rust is beginning to show.  But just like that Black Eyed Susan, I too have a purpose in life to accomplish and hopefully those I know and don't know will not look upon me in the years to come as and old and wrinkled up man.  With a little bit of luck,  others will see me as the person who I am inside...not outside.  What  and who we are is in our hearts and not what we see when we look into a mirror.  So now when I see this worn out flower, I truly see its beauty and give it the respect it has earned.  Love others and yourself.  Peace......jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment